Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So the question of the day is......would that have been a racist remark?

As you know Kanye West was an ass at the MTV awards. Got on stage and stole the Mike from Taylor Swift and ran his mouth. Not like something stupid never happens at a MTV awards show. People around the country were outraged. At least Beyonce gave up some time to let her thank the folks she needed to thank.

So later our dear leader says....

"I thought that was really inappropriate," Obama says. "What are you butting in (for)? ... The young lady seems like a perfectly nice person. She's getting her award. What's he doing up there?"

A questioner chimes in, "Why would he do it?"

"He's a jackass," Obama replies, which is met with laughter from several people.

The president seems to quickly realize he may have gone too far, and jovially appeals to those assembled that the remark be kept private. "Come on guys," he says. "Cut the president some slack. I've got a lot of other stuff on my plate."


I laughed! Then I realized that was the very first time I had agreed with ANYTHING he has ever said. Wierd. So I am on the way to work and get to thinking. If any other president had said that what would happen? Would the race card get thrown onto the table? I gotta think it would have. Kanye is a jackass, I don't care if he is white, black, purple or any other color. It just seams to be "ok" that a black president called a black singer a jaskass. Had Clinton said that....what would really have had happen afterwords?

Good job Obama. Bout time you thought along the line of the citizens of the country. So now run with it and do something right for once, or should I say again?

Have a great day.

LiveStrong



No comments:

Post a Comment